Recipes

Search

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Georgette Divinity

Maxine's recipe that I must have asked for. On the recipe card she
named it ""Georgette " Divinity" and since I started that crazy nickname
I'm sure she named it that just for me:)
I didn't know what to call Terry's parents; Mr and Mrs was too formal but mom and dad was already taken with my parents. So it started out with "George"  for Terry's dad and "Georgette" naturally followed for Maxine. Funny that they named the golf cart at the lake house "Little George". 

2 cups sugar
1/2 c white corn syrup
1/2 c water
Dash of salt

2 egg whites, stiffly beaten

1 t vanilla
3/4 c pecans


Over low heat cook sugar, syrup, water and salt until sugar is dissolved. Cook without stirring until mixture reaches 252°.  Remove from heat.

Add mixture to stiffly beaten egg whites. Beat until mixture loses it's gloss.

Add vanilla and pecans.

Spoon onto waxed paper or silpat.

No comments:

Post a Comment